Earlier this week, Coral8, a provider of Complex Event Processing (CEP) software, announced its newest CEP platform release and an OEM partnership with SGI (Silicon Graphics, Inc.) to provide data visualization capabilities on top of analytics. Coral8’s overall premise is to work to complement business intelligence solutions by delivering data up through the BI channels within an organization. By combining both types of software (CEP and BI), organizations can access up to date information to enable better decision-making. With its new OEM partnership agreement with SGI that adds visualization to the mix, soon Coral8 will also have the front-end capabilities to tap into analytics and bring it to the forefront of an organization – in essence embedding BI and data visualization within its platform.
Some features of Coral8 Engine and Portal Release 5.5:
- Scalability to large analytic data sets with many dimensions
- Support of fast implementation of live analytic data that is extensible and that can change to meet shifting business needs.
- Delivery model selection of real-time or through the current organization’s business intelligence solutions
- Support of three types of data delivery – through streams and alerts, SQL, or both
- New charts and actions wizards that enable personalized queries
Features of combined SGI compute and visualization capabilities with the Coral8 Engine include:
- Visual analysis of complex data culled from multiple sources
- Ability to develop visibility and situational awareness of people, infrastructures, communications, facilities and vehicle movement
- Provide decision-makers with a 360-degree view of complex events
- Monitor key thresholds to alert leaders to potential threats in time to take action
Combining these two announcements gives Coral8 the ability to combine both CEP and the components of BI to bridge the gap between both forms of software. With the emergence of embedded analytics and a more holistic approach to the use of technology, the concept of interrelated software industries will only continue to increase.
Currently, many financial institutions take advantage of CEP to ensure up to date information flows. As other industries, such as telecommunications and retail expand their use of these solutions and look for ways to embed analytics within the process, the ability to use one platform for data delivery and analysis becomes more realistic as solution providers such as Coral8 continue to develop solutions that merge their capabilities and overlap with the use of business intelligence.
No comments have been posted yet.