Dashboards have become a buzzword within business intelligence (BI). The use of dashboards allows decision makers to get a visual understanding of captured data and business insights; they represent the front-end or business access to BI and data warehousing applications.
When looking at dashboard use more broadly, however, it becomes difficult to identify global usage trends and see how organizations can translate overall use into value for their businesses.
This project aims to identify how companies are using dashboards on a broad level, recognize trends in usage and provide benchmarks for organizations looking to implement dashboards for the first time or to enhance their current dashboard use.
The end-user survey will collect information that includes:
- What types of companies are deploying dashboards
- What business issues are being addressed by dashboard use
- How dashboards are being deployed
- Trends in departmental and industry use Key metrics being used
- Whether dashboards are implemented independently or as part of a larger BI or data warehousing deployment
- Current satisfaction with dashboard use
- Goals for expansion
- Room for overall improvement
Interviews with organizations and vendors will be conducted to identify the value proposition of deploying dashboards within the company.
Case studies will be included based on customer stories from sponsoring vendors to help identify the business value organizations get from deploying dashboards within their businesses.
The survey responses will be turned into a research report with a webinar and distribution.
The report outline is as follows:
- Executive summary
- Project overview and assumptions
- General dashboard use and business value
- Applying dashboards within the organization
- Survey overview
- Breakdown of survey results
- Case studies (from sponsorship vendors)
- Recommendations for organizations
- Overall conclusion
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities are available for this exciting survey. For information, please contact Steve Bogdon at Dashboard Insight (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sponsorship benefits include:
- The report will be aggressively promoted through Dashboard Insight (www.dashboardinsight.com), and other sources (TBD), with sponsors receiving leads from those signing up to view the report.
- Sponsor case study included within the report.
- A recorded webinar will include an overview of the research results and practical examples of how organizations are applying dashboards within their companies and the value they get out of their dashboard use. Sponsors will have a pre-recorded 30-second “advertisement” within the webinar.
- Sponsor logos and additional exposure on www.dashboardinsight.com leading up to the publication of the report, including:
- A banner ad for two months
- Newsletter sponsorship for two months
- Gold-level listing in the Vendor Directory for one year
- The publishing of a sponsored article
- Two videos in the video section
Projected Project Timelines
- Survey distribution: March 1, 2010 (with 60-day collection)
- Rough draft of report: mid. May 2010
- Final draft and vendor review: end of May 2010
- Recorded webinar and distribution: June 2010
For sponsorship opportunities or questions, please contact
416-460-3479 / 800-536-7515
For information on the survey and questions, please contact
No comments have been posted yet.