Burlington, MA – July 15, 2008
- Kalido, the active information management company, today announced that the latest version of the Kalido® Universal Information Director™ will extend Kalido’s BI support to Microsoft Office®, Microsoft PerformancePoint™ business intelligence software and Microsoft SharePoint® services.
- Kalido’s Universal Information Director automates the generation and population of Microsoft SQL Server® Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes with data from the Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse™, Kalido’s flagship data warehousing software.
- These cubes can be accessed by Microsoft Office, Microsoft PerformancePoint and Microsoft SharePoint. They are also available to any third party BI tool that connects to SSAS cubes, extending the reach to users of more than 40 other BI tools.
- By making the information in the Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse available to users throughout the enterprise, more managers can use their company’s information assets and BI tools to secure answers to complex business questions.
- Once the SSAS cubes are built by Kalido, they can be widely distributed throughout an organization and accessed even while disconnected from the server.
- With this release, enterprises of all sizes can now seamlessly deploy a fully integrated, end-to-end business intelligence (BI) solution based on Microsoft and Kalido.
- Customers committed to a Microsoft strategy can develop a robust BI infrastructure using the Kalido Information Engine™, including the Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse and Kalido Universal Information Director, with Microsoft SQL Server database software, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SSAS technologies.
- This release complements the Kalido Dynamic Information Warehouse’s current support for Microsoft Excel®, making the information within the Kalido data warehouse even more widely available to users of Microsoft’s BI tools.
Kalido Universal Information Director Highlights
- First released in October 2007 as a key component of the Kalido Information Engine, the Kalido Universal Information Director seamlessly feeds data into BI reporting systems, eliminating manual integration efforts and speeding report updates.
- The Kalido Universal Information Director uses a wizard-driven interface to build reports in such market-pervasive tools as Business Objects, Cognos and now Microsoft, thereby eliminating the need for costly and time-consuming metadata integration.
- As a result, business analysts and executives will get their reports faster and with the added assurance that the reports are built on timely, accurate and consistent data.
Claudia Imhoff, president and founder of Intelligent Solutions, Inc. said:
- "Even when companies 'standardize' on a single platform for business intelligence, they often still struggle to turn raw data from their myriad source systems into the accurate, consistent and timely data that BI tools need to deliver valuable insights. With this announcement, Kalido addresses this problem head on, giving Microsoft customers an integrated, end-to-end BI stack that enables business decision makers to secure better answers to their business questions.”
Bill Hewitt, president and CEO of Kalido, said:
- “While Microsoft Excel continues to be the most popular BI tool available for simple reporting and analysis, many organizations select Microsoft’s more robust BI tools to institute a level of control and consistency in their reporting process. With our deep experience deploying Microsoft SQL/Server, coupled with this announcement, we will now deliver a fully integrated, end-to-end solution for the millions of Microsoft customers out there who need a more robust information management infrastructure to feed their Microsoft-based environments.”
Kalido delivers active information management for business. Developed through years of successful best practice implementations, Kalido’s robust, business-model driven information management engine automatically feeds information to end users through their BI tools, making them more productive far more quickly and reducing internal costs. With Kalido, users never again have to wait for months to answer fundamental questions about business performance – which products are selling, which customers are profitable, and which markets are most promising.
Kalido software is implemented at over 250 locations in more than 100 countries with market leading companies. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com
Microsoft, Excel, Office, PerformancePoint, SharePoint and SQL Server are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. This press release is an independent publication of Kalido; it has not been authorized or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.
No comments have been posted yet.