MCLEAN, Va., January 22, 2009 -- MicroStrategy(R) Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence software, today announced that it was named by Retail Info Systems (RIS) News to its 2008 Software LeaderBoard, which highlights the top software vendors for retailers.
The RIS Software LeaderBoard compares software companies serving the retail industry in a head-to-head ranking that is based largely on retailer evaluations. MicroStrategy was also ranked in the top five in the following RIS LeaderBoard categories:
- Top Software Vendors for Tier One Retailers (revenues greater than $1 billion)
- Leaders in Overall Performance
- Leaders in Technology Innovation
- Leaders in Recommendation
- Leaders in Total Cost of Ownership by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
- Leaders in ROI by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
- Leaders in Ease of Installation/Integration by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
- Leaders in Quality of Support by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
- Leaders in Quality of Service by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
- Leaders in Product Reliability by Tier One & Mid-size Retailers
MicroStrategy's business intelligence software is used by retailers worldwide, including Starbucks, METRO Group, Limited Brands, Hallmark Cards, Lowe's Companies, Guitar Center, Pacific Sunwear, and Target. MicroStrategy's scalable platform enables retailers to analyze vast amounts of data and provides detailed insights into business areas such as sales trends, inventory management, store operations, and customer loyalty.
"We are pleased that, once again, retailers have recognized MicroStrategy as a leading software provider in the RIS LeaderBoard," said Sanju Bansal, MicroStrategy COO. "MicroStrategy provides retailers with enhanced visibility into their business performance, through user-friendly reports, scorecards, and dashboards that identify key trends and help retailers make analytically-based business decisions."
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a global leader in business intelligence (BI) technology. MicroStrategy provides integrated reporting, analysis, and monitoring software that helps leading organizations worldwide make better business decisions every day. Companies choose MicroStrategy for its advanced technical capabilities, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. More information about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is available at www.microstrategy.com.