ATLANTA, GA - December 18, 2008--Nexidia, the market-leading provider of audio search and speech analytics solutions, today announced the release of Nexidia AudioFinder 2.0, the application that brings the full power of Nexidia’s speech technologies into a single, stand-alone package that can run in either a desktop or laptop environment. Among the new release’s enhanced features, AudioFinder 2.0 includes Language ID, which automatically identifies and processes multiple spoken languages in a group of recordings, enabling users to accelerate the process of capturing and analyzing audio and video content.
AudioFinder’s new Language ID feature targets the needs of law enforcement and other government organizations that require the ability to quickly and accurately search, review, categorize and tag large volumes of audio and video in different languages. Language ID enables users to automatically sort recordings by respective languages, and then quickly conduct native searches within each language group. Although the system comes with a predefined set of languages models for identification, users can easily customize these models to include practically any dialect or language spoken around the world.
Powered by Nexidia’s award-winning, patented speech technology, AudioFinder 2.0 has a small hardware footprint and can be run on a single machine – either a desktop or laptop computer. With sophisticated search and review tools, AudioFinder 2.0 has the unparalleled ability to search even low-quality audio—such as fragmented mobile phone conversations containing high degrees of interference—and can detect and classify a wide range of audio variances, such as a speaker’s accent, dialect, gender and age.
In addition to Language ID, AudioFinder 2.0 includes these features:
- Advanced Search—AudioFinder 2.0 features advanced search capabilities enabling users to specify multiple search terms in a single query, nest searches at different levels, and apply BOOLEAN (e.g. AND, OR, NOT) and meta-data parameters to the search.
- Search Optimizer—Allows users to conduct test searches and improve the search results for obscure or hard-to-pronounce words and phrases.
- Smart MediaSets—Enables users to automate their search routines and collect all results in a single space for rapid retrieval and review.
- Commenting—Enables users to save and tag information by creating flags to mark specific audio, create metadata tags with file labels, and add annotations to files.
- Flexible, Open Architecture—Supports multiple audio and video file types (including .aif, .avi, .mp2, .mp3, .mpeg, .mov, .wav, .wmv and others) and enables users to import metadata from various sources and create new categories and assign user-defined values.
“This new release of AudioFinder is a good example of the power and scalability of Nexidia’s patented speech analytics technology,” said Jeff Schlueter, VP of Marketing for Nexidia. “With the addition of the Language ID feature and other enhancements, AudioFinder 2.0 brings the full range of Nexidia’s audio search and review capabilities into a single-user application. With this stand-alone portability and flexibility, users now have a fast and economical solution to search for critical audio information in many different situations.”
Nexidia is the audio and video search company with patented technologies and breakthrough applications that enable customers to quickly gain new insight, build competitive advantage and realize the amazing possibilities now discoverable in audio and video content from call centers, media outlets, government intelligence and legal discovery. For more information, please visit www.nexidia.com.
Melinda Champagne, 404-495-7285
Senior Director of Marketing