DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege Version 5.0 Simplifies Data Governance with Enhanced Interoperability, Data Protection and Entitlement Management Features
- Varonis Systems Inc., the leader in unstructured data governance, today announced the availability of DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege Version 5.0, which provides integrated problem discovery, enhanced data protection and entitlement management for data owners.
- Version 5.0 automates the implementation of file system protection best practices via its integrated problem discovery reports, which give guidance on reducing excessive access and maintaining optimal access controls.
- The new features mitigate risks to file system data by indicating issues in directory services and file system configurations that can result in unpredictable and unwanted access events.
- By providing detailed intelligence and recommendations, Varonis helps businesses meet company and governmental guidelines and regulations for protecting data at rest and providing need-to-know based access.
- Specific key features include:
- Auditing of “write” events – With Version 5.0, data owners can opt to receive scheduled “change alerts” that notify them when their data has been accessed and modified by another user, enabling them to easily detect and report on altered proprietary data.
- Enhanced access intelligence – Data owners have a comprehensive, updated view of employee access statistics and log details on the DataPrivilege Web interface, allowing them to make better-informed access control decisions.
- Data access management via email – Version 5.0 enables data owners to approve or reject employee file access requests directly from email clients, without the need for Web portal access or virtual private network (VPN) connectivity. This new feature works on any email client including simple-text, browser-based and smartphones, letting data owners manage entitlements anytime, anyplace.
- In addition to SharePoint, Microsoft Windows Server, EMC and Network Appliance NAS devices, and Unix/Linux file systems, Version 5.0 can now support POSIX ACLs in Unix/Linux environments, Centrify and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege Version 5.0 will be generally available in August. All customers currently under support will receive the new 5.0 features for free as part of their Varonis support package. For new customers, Version 5.0 starts at $22,580. This includes DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege for 100 users, software subscription and technical support for the first year.
- For a comprehensive list of Version 5.0’s new features and functionalities, click here.
- To view a complete tour of Varonis’ DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege Version 5.0, click here.
Varonis is the leader in unstructured data governance. Voted one of the "Fast 50 Reader Favorites of 2008" on FastCompany.com and named a 2009 “Cool Vendor” in Risk Management and Compliance by Gartner, the company has more than 1000 installations worldwide. Based on patent-pending technology and a highly accurate analytics engine, Varonis' solutions give organizations total visibility and control over their data, ensuring that only the right users have access to the right data at all times. Venture backed by Accel Partners, Evergreen Venture Partners and Pitango Venture Capital, the company has headquarters in New York, N.Y., with research and development offices in Hertzliya, Israel.
Varonis, the Varonis logo, DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege are trademarks or registered trademarks of Varonis Systems in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
No comments have been posted yet.