ROCKVILLE, MD., - October 1, 2008 - Visual Mining, a leading provider of visualization solutions that instantly transform data into actionable business information, today announced the immediate availability of its major release for both NetCharts Pro and NetCharts Applets, version 6.0. The new releases introduce new chart types and many new key features and functionalities to Visual Mining’s comprehensive development tools that enable users to quickly build dynamic, interactive advanced data visualizations within applications ranging from dashboards and scorecards to performance monitoring and Business Intelligence applications.
“This major release incorporates features that many of our thousands of customers, including several large OEM customers, have requested, and are already excited about using. It further demonstrates Visual Mining’s commitment to our customers by providing them with leading visualization, dashboard and graphing solutions that they need and will use,” said Visual Mining CEO Tristan Ziegler.
NetCharts Pro is a comprehensive development tool that enables Java developers to quickly build dynamic, interactive advanced data visualizations that integrate with their data sources and server side Web applications or client-side Java applications. NetCharts Applets is an easy to use Java charting applet solution for placing advanced data visualizations in HTML-based Web pages. The NetCharts 6.0 release contains a new chart gallery which includes hundreds of new sample templates, improved navigation and keyword search.
New charts available in NetCharts Pro and Applets 6.0:
- 3D Barchart - Allows for the display of three dimensional data. By introducing the Z axis, users can compare multiple data series in one effective visualization, and can view the 3D chart from different perspectives to get a thorough understanding of the data.
- Histogram Chart – Utilized for analyzing data distributions by grouping or binning (putting data in a given range into a bucket); effective for situations where visualizing clear representation of groups of data to yield interval breakdowns is warranted.
Enhanced chart functionality of NetCharts Pro and Applets 6.0:
- Legend Data Tables – NetCharts 6.0 delivers chart options that support enhanced legends that contain data tables for creating visualizations that combine charts and tables that familiarize the NetCharts experience for Excel users.
- Variable Width Barcharts - Allows users to customize the width of separate bars within a multi series barchart to visually signify and emphasize relevant series of data.
Additional new chart features include:
- Connector lines in a stacked barchart connect bars in the same set for improved change tracking in particular sets of bars.
- Chart borders can be designed with square, rounded or clipped corners, for custom border design of one, two or four corners of a chart.
- Chart title styling has also been enhanced with backgrounds that can be formatted to span the length or width of a chart. This feature is commonly used to color code charts by subject in a dashboard, and as an effective way of implementing visual alerts.
For more information on NetCharts solutions or to start a free trial visit http://www.visualmining.com/products/register-ncgt.shtml or contact Visual Mining at email@example.com.
Visual Mining provides visualization solutions that instantly transform data into actionable business information. Visual Mining’s NetCharts products deliver comprehensive solutions for both developers and end users that are intuitive and effective. Visual Mining’s support and professional services teams compliment its products by providing the expertise to ensure success. Visual Mining: Visualize. Analyze. Capitalize. www.visualmining.com
Jeff Schad, 301-795-3253 or 301-947-8293
No comments have been posted yet.