Pentaho, the pioneer in agile business intelligence (BI), today announced 80 percent growth in bookings in Q1 2011 over Q1 2010. The company also recorded its highest ever number of unique website visitors and Enterprise Edition downloads during Q1. The momentum in web traffic, downloads and revenue was augmented with exceptionally strong partner traction, expansion of the leadership team and a renewed focus on customer satisfaction, all of which position Pentaho for further growth.
Customer Momentum and Satisfaction
Pentaho added a record new number of Enterprise Edition subscriptions in Q1, including signed contracts with Carnegie Mellon University, Conservation Services Group, The Integrated Care Collaboration, Rearden Commerce and SEVEN Networks.
In Q1, Pentaho also expanded customer-facing operations in order to service its growing customer base. The company created and staffed a Customer Success Team, which is dedicated to proactively working with customers to ensure high levels of success and satisfaction, and expanded its professional technical support organization by adding significant new resources and leadership to the team.
Finally, in order to better understand its customer needs, Pentaho commissioned third-party research firm Velociti Partners to survey Enterprise customers. The results revealed Pentaho’s strengths in value, data integration, solution flexibility and user productivity. In particular:
- Over 90% of respondents indicated they were satisfied with Pentaho Products;
- Pentaho received the highest rating for overall investment value, compared to all other commercial and open source BI products used by survey respondents.
Partner demand for embedding Java-based reporting, dashboards and analytics capabilities into their software solutions also drove substantially higher revenue this quarter. In addition to on-boarding small and mid-sized OEMs this quarter, Pentaho also was chosen as the BI platform for a Fortune 50 Tech company and two of the world’s largest SI companies.
Pentaho also kicked off Q1 with a highly successful Global Partner Summit in San Francisco, hosting OEM, systems integrators, and reseller partners from nearly 20 countries. One of the highlights was the 2011 Pentaho Global Partner Awards, which recognized eight Pentaho partners for their excellence in market development, sales leadership and technology innovation.
Additional Partner highlights in Q1 include:
- Awarded Five stars in CRN's 2011 Partner Programs Guide, which recognized Pentaho for commitment to the channel, breadth of program offerings and services offered to partners;
- Kicked-off the Fast Track BI Series with Pentaho partners in six continents and more than 40 cities to teach companies how to get started with Agile BI to rapidly transform data into decisions.
On the product front, Pentaho released Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition 3.8 making it easier than ever for self-service BI and putting more power in the hands of the end users. This release enables business users to design rich, interactive BI solutions that seamlessly integrate all forms of information delivery. The new features include guided analysis, richer interactivity and faster performance.
Expansion of Leadership Team
Pentaho added several veterans to the leadership team to help lead the company in the next major phase of the company’s growth, including:
- Rod Squires, previously with Savvion, as Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales.
- Ian Fyfe, previously with Jaspersoft, as Chief Technology Evangelist & VP Product Marketing.
- Sam Hon, previously with Progress Software, as the Vice President of Services.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is reinventing business intelligence by introducing an agile approach that makes it faster, simpler and more cost effective to create reports, dashboards and analytics. For a free evaluation download Pentaho BI at www.pentaho.com/download.