The beta release of the highly anticipated Esri File Geodatabase API is now available and will help developers improve the interoperability of applications. The API allows developers to create applications that can interact with a file geodatabase without using ArcObjects so that applications can be run on computers that do not have an ArcObjects license.
The File Geodatabase API is a C++ library that allows developers to
- Create, open, and delete file geodatabases.
- Read the schema of file geodatabases.
- Create and edit schema for simple feature objects within a file geodatabase.
- Read, edit, and delete simple features in a file geodatabase.
- Perform attribute and limited spatial queries.
The API only creates and supports file geodatabases from ArcGIS 10 and is only supported on Windows. Esri still recommends using ArcObjects, a library of software components that form the foundation of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Engine, to create and interact with file geodatabases.
For more information and to download the API, visit the Geodatabase Resource Center at resources.arcgis.com/content/geodatabases/10.0/file-gdb-api.
No comments have been posted yet.