Teradata Corporation, the world's largest company solely focused on data warehousing and integrated marketing management, today announced its 2011-12 Teradata International Scholarship winners. The college grants are given in recognition of students' academic achievements and significant contributions to their communities. Children of Teradata employees working in Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe, Japan, Middle East, or Southern or Central America are eligible if they are completing secondary school and entering university in 2011.
"These high achievers are the business and community leaders of tomorrow and we are proud to help them reach their academic goals by providing them tuition assistance. We wish them great success in their undergraduate studies and in their careers," said Susan Baxley, director of community relations, Teradata Corporation.
This year's winners are:
- Rebecca Hunt. She will attend the University of Warwick, in Warwick, Warwickshire, UK where she will major in biochemistry. She currently attends the Newstead Wood School for Girls in Orpington, Kent, UK and is the daughter of Teradata employee James Hunt.
- Kei Kobane, Jr. He will be majoring in economics at Chuo University in Hachiouji-shi, Tokyo, Japan. He currently attends Shotoku High School in Musashino-shi, Tokyo and is the son of Teradata employee Ikuo Kobane.
- Yang Lu. He will be majoring in pharmacy at the University of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The son of Teradata employee Linda Li, he currently attends Unionville High School in, Markham, Ontario.
- Simon Murray. He will attend the University of New South Wales, in Kensington, New South Wales, Australia, where he will major in engineering. He is the son of Teradata employee Paul Murray and is currently in his final year at Cranbrook in Bellevue Hill, New South Wales.
- Bjorn Swenson. Currently a senior at Monte Del Sol Charter School in Sante Fe, NM, he will major in computer and information sciences at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. He is the son of Teradata employee Mark Swenson in The Netherlands.
Scholarship winners were chosen by an independent selection committee that considered academic achievements and records, school or extracurricular activities, community and volunteer service, as well as the response to an essay question.
Teradata is the world's leader in data warehousing and integrated marketing management through its database software, data warehouse appliances, and enterprise analytics. For more information, visit teradata.com.
No comments have been posted yet.