Zap today announced the release of Zap Business Intelligence 2011, the next generation of its web-based business intelligence (BI) software for the Microsoft SQL Server® platform.
Major enhancements include new and improved data visualization and analysis capabilities, enhanced SharePoint® support, multi-browser support, and mobile BI for iPad® users. Updates have also been made to Zap CubeXpress, including support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM® 2011. This patent-pending productivity tool fast tracks creating a SQL Server data warehouse and Analysis Services cube for a SQL Server or Microsoft Dynamics AX, NAV or CRM data source.
"The 2011 release provides customers with improvements in analyzing and viewing data, so they can quickly gain insight into performance," said Zap President, Garth D. Laird. "We're also expanding how BI consumers can access these insights to ensure that BI becomes a pervasive part of everyday decision-making."
Foodservice distributor NAFDA uses Zap to analyze data from its Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system, and said that Zap Business Intelligence 2011 was ideal for exposing new insights. "Zap Business Intelligence 2011 suits the needs of diverse organizations relying on BI to improve operational efficiency," said CFO Barry Hough. "The speed of the upgraded solution, combined with a focus on usability, allows us to quickly stay on top of our business. Powerful new analysis capabilities will help us to manage proactively and improve our competitive advantage."
New and improved features of the 2011 release include:
- What-if modeling: Users can model future business scenarios to decide on the best course of action.
- Multi-browser support: In addition to Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Zap Business Intelligence 2011 now supports Google Chrome®, Apple Mobile Safari®, and Apple Safari®, providing customers with more flexible deployment options.
- Mobile BI: iPad® users can now access Zap Business Intelligence 2011 via the Apple Mobile Safari browser.
- SharePoint ready: Support for Microsoft SharePoint web parts has been enhanced, with both the 2010 and 2007 versions supported.
- Data visualization: Enhanced visualizations are available for reports, charts, and dashboards, allowing for easier creation and faster performance.
Zap Business Intelligence 2011 can be used with many different data sources, but Zap offers out-of-the-box Microsoft Dynamics BI solutions for AX, NAV and CRM with additional packaged capabilities to ensure rapid deployment and return on investment.
Zap creates business intelligence (BI) software that helps improve corporate performance. Committed to innovation, Zap was awarded the 2009 Microsoft Independent Software Vendor/Software Solutions Innovation Partner of the Year, as well as the 2010 Microsoft Country Partner of the Year for Australia. Zap software is used globally by mid-market companies through to enterprises, across many industries and business systems. Zap also offers a range of out-of-the-box solutions specifically for Microsoft Dynamics business solutions that fast track the return on investment in BI technology. For more information go to www.zaptechnology.com
No comments have been posted yet.